1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Weezer Lines Up 'Memories' Tour Dates

Discussion in 'music & books' started by debaser, Sep 27, 2010.

1. debaser

debaser suicide pact - you first

Latest Music News, Band, Artist, Musician & Music Video News | Billboard.com
    Weezer Lines Up 'Memories' Tour Dates

So-Cal nerd-rock outfit Weezer has officially announced the dates for its Memories tour, which will see the band play its first two releases, "The Blue Album" and "Pinkerton," in full over the course of four two-night stands.

The trek kicks off Nov. 26-27 in Los Angeles and will also hit San Francisco on Nov. 29-30, Boston on Dec. 14-15, and New York, N.Y. dates to be announced soon, according to a rep for the band. Tickets go on sale Oct. 1 for the Los Angeles dates, Oct. 3 for San Francsico and Oct. 9 for Boston.

As previously reported, Weezer will perform its self-titled debut, also known as "The Blue Album," on the first night of each tour stop, and its sophomore release, the cult favorite "Pinkerton," on the second night. The band will also play other material from its catalog after performing each album in its entirety.

Before the Memories tour kicks off, Weezer will play a string of September and October gigs to promote its latest album, "Hurley," which this week debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 with 45,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The band toasted its release date with a secret show in Hollywood, Calif., where Rivers Cuomo and co. were joined by My Chemical Romance and Jorge Garcia (aka Hurley on "Lost," whose face graces the album's cover).

Here are Weezer's Memories tour dates:

Nov. 26: Los Angeles, Calif. (Gibson Amphitheater) - "Blue Album"
    Nov. 27: Los Angeles, Calif. (Gibson Amphitheater) - "Pinkteron"
    Nov. 29: San Francisco, Calif. (Knob Hill Masonic Auditorium) - "Blue Album"
    Nov. 30: San Francisco, Calif. (Knob Hill Masonic Auditorium) - "Pinkteron"
    Dec. 14: Boston, Mass. (Orpheum Theatre) - "Blue Album"
    Dec. 15: Boston, Mass. (Orpheum Theatre) - "Pinkteron"
  2. wizard

wizard $

god.

how totally lame.

i've always hated weezer. that "say it aint so" song just really fucking makes me sick. it's like so mediocre .
  3. debaser

actually, this is a great tour idea.

i'm hoping TO gets some shows as i want to see the pinterton one.
  4. wizard

wizard $

it would be a better idea if they did both albums back to back each night instead of making people pay double.
  5. debaser

they aren't making people pay double...they are doing two different nights focusing on one record each night plus a greatest hits set. you get to choose. it's a great idea.

plus, there is a big divide between weezer fans which album is their best, so this tour makes perfect sense.

devo did this last fall and many other bands have done this too.
  6. wizard

wizard $

um if i liked them i would rather just see both albums in one night and not have to pay double.

im sure most people who like them like both albums.

btw why aren't we talking more about devo and less about weezer?
  7. debaser

i love pinkerton but not a fan of the blue record, so this tour is gonna be good.

the new devo stuff sucks. it really does.
  8. wizard

wizard $

i haven't heard any of their new stuff. i was going to see them at coachella last year but i was so tired by the end of the second day i didn't even care.
  9. debaser

you suck. what did you do, pass out in the grass?
  10. clotty

clotty pussy panther :)

boys!

shh.

bryan. are you taking me on a date to the sf pinkerton show?
  11. debaser

you know it! :love:
  12. debaser

clotty can we old hands like the straights do?

i'll buy you beers and get you drunk. i might even cop a feel while you're intoxicated and we can play south african camp and play date rape.
  13. clotty

clotty pussy panther :)

lol.

i'm in it to win it.
  14. wizard

wizard $

no i went back to my friends house in indian wells and went to sleep.

i saw orbital, radiohead, and gorillaz (blur) though the next day . so i can die now.
  15. debaser

you didn't stay for muse of faith no more? you suck.
  16. wizard

wizard $

i'd rather eat glass.

muse and faith no more suck even harder than weezer.

mike patton is great as TOMAHAWK though.
  17. debaser

this is how i feel about goldfrapp now.
  18. wizard

wizard $

u are cwazy.

their new album is totally incredible. and the songs live are even better.

this is what she wore for her encore at the hollywood bowl.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. debaser

the new songs suck and that coat looks like an albino gorilla.

i'm over alison and her crappy songs.
  20. wizard

wizard $

listen bryan

i love you,

but your taste can be a little off.

(HELLO NIN !!!---now we can talk sucky if you really want to.)

and if you don't like that coat then i just feel sorry for you because it's pretty fucking rad.