1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Vidor Texas is not a racist town...

Discussion in 'the void' started by zoanthropy, Dec 13, 2006.

1. zoanthropy

zoanthropy Call me.....PLEASE

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/08/oppenheim.sundown.town/index.html

Vidor, Texas is not a racist town like most people believes...

Its just an innocent misunderstanding...

Vidor does not allow blacks in its town at night because black can hide and spook the white folks, give them heart attacks...etc..

Vidor residents do not want the blacks’ folks and the white folks to mingle late at night in the bars because fragile white girls can not handle the big black man...

Vidor is really a good town trying to keep it just like the good old days...

Hmmmm, what every happened to the black smiley?

Just because a town is all white and its jails just happen to be full of black people does not mean its a racist town...

Why is everyone picking on Vidor what about Swedesboro, New Jersey?
  2. BleedingHeart

BleedingHeart Handbags and Glad Wrap*

Socio-ecconomic circumstance and lack of a father figure often drives alot of blacks to crime and family substitues (gangs) which of course is a valid reason for fear. These are supposed "threats" to the town but they probably dont have any repeated cases, record of crime reports or anything at all to substanciate their supposed fears. Maybe if they had a report saying 90% of all incidents concerning stated fears involved persons of an Afro-American origin, but thats hardly going to happen.:rolleyes:

You forgot this piece;
    Charles Jones is a 62-year-old African-American man who lives in Beaumont. He told us when he was 19, he and three of his black friends were changing a flat tire on their broken down car in Vidor one night. A white policeman stopped.
    "He said, 'Well, let me tell ya -- you boys better wrap and get out of here, because I'm going to go to that next exit and come back around. You better be gone!' " Jones recalled.

This is the most inheritantly racist piece in the article, that bullshit I cant stand.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  3. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

4. Daylight22

Daylight22 Well-Known Member

This shit was on Paula Zahn last night. The interviewed some toothless white woman who said she doesnt mind speaking to black people, but she doesnt feel the need to be friends with them.

Why? Because all the color'd people steal, eat watermelon and collect welfare.

I hate this fucking country SO much sometimes.
  5. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

lemme just say that this is east texas farm land. this is the area where there are many many black farmers. after slavery ended a number of families relocated to this area to farm. the land isnt great but they made use of it with farrmng and ranching. east texas is known for this. and it is known for the small towns like vidor and jasper. can you imagine living with this? it breaks my fucking heart.