1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Quick and Easy dishes that your kids will love?

Discussion in 'pregnancy & parenting' started by FerrisBueller, Jun 12, 2009.

1. FerrisBueller

FerrisBueller New Member

What types of easy dishes do you prepare when your kids want something to eat after school but before dinner? Something that is quick, easy, and doesn't create a lot of mess? Has anyone tried Kraft Easy Mac cups? Cheesy Pizza and White Cheddar are new flavors that are coming out this month.
  2. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Do not fill your kids with fucking Easy Mac.

- Good cheese, and crackers
    - Apples and cheese
    - Fruit and yogurt

That's all the ideas I got from my food cupboard. We are poor right now.
  3. madame_razz

madame_razz New Member

I don't have children myself (yet!) but I wouldn't go the Easy Mac route, either. That stuff is junk food, you should aim for something a little healthier!

Cubed cheese goes great with various fruits, like apples, oranges, or grapes. Yum.

Apples seem more snack-like if you slice them up and cut the core out. A little dollop of caramel dip on the side might make them more appealing if your kids are picky.

Pre-packaged trail mixes with dried fruit and nuts would be easy enough too.

Good luck!
  4. abstraction

abstraction Banned

toasted sandwiches....are yum i personally like vegemite and cheese!
  5. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Yes, trail mix and toasted sandwiches. More of my favorite good stuff.

I don't have kids either, by the way.
  6. abstraction

abstraction Banned

me either but i have alot of neice's and nephews..and toasted sandwiches seem 2 be a hit!! and are so easy to make
  7. Honey Bee

Honey Bee New Member

Good lord, Easy Mac isn't going to kill a kid every once in a while. Practically every kid I know grew up on box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
    1 person likes this.
  8. abstraction

abstraction Banned

Kraft make's vegemite..i'm curious if anyone who is not australian actually like's vegemite or marmite?
  9. Axeman

Axeman New Member

I know it's not going to kill the kids, I fucking ate it as a child and still do.

There are just a lot of better options.
  10. debaser

debaser suicide pact - you first

better yet, don't have kids. that way you don't have to feed them!
    1 person likes this.
  11. TheBadFairy

TheBadFairy ...Carry On

I used to have to prepare these kind of snacks for the kids (5-12) at after school care. They used to go mental for just carrot sticks, water crackers, a dip (we used to buy french onion soup powder and mix it with sour cream) and just cubes of tasty cheese. then after that some sliced apples and oranges.

I mean the kids loved it, no idea why. We used to give them like honey, jam, vegemite or cream cheese sandwhiches.. then next day strawberry or vanilla flavoured yoghurts and sliced fresh fruit.. but they LOVED the cheese, dip, carrot sticks then sliced fruit.
    1 person likes this.
  12. pammalla

pammalla New Member

my kids go nuts over yogert
    they love it when i just put some of whatever fruit i have on hand in the bender with plain yogert. they are always asking me to make them those smoothys like that. you can also take that mix and poor it into popcicle molds and freeze to make smothy pops
    cheese cubes with grapes, apples and yogert dip is a hit too
    we have mac n cheese sometimes but not craft stuff
    of hard is it to cook some macaroni and then melt some cheese with a little butter and milk in with it
  13. orchestral

orchestral blair waldorf

14. sallydearheart

sallydearheart sign yr reps

fish fingers, chicken nuggets .
  15. Beatrice

Beatrice dreaming frankenstein

turkey twizzlers
  16. FerrisBueller

FerrisBueller New Member

I like having fresh fruits and veggies too but sometimes it's good to mix things up a bit, dontcha think? The Kraft Easy Mac ups are convenient and if they are old enough they can make it themselves. Thanks for the advice and the book suggestion. I like the dip suggestion from TheBadFairy, that sounds delish. Beatrice, what is turkey twizzlers? Sounds bleh! lol