1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Obama just says no to torture

Discussion in 'current events & politics' started by Ophiel, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Ophiel

Ophiel stephen dorff is hot

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Obama exempts CIA 'torture' staff

This is kind of confusing and I need someone to explain it to me.

Are people complaining that people who've administered these torture techniques aren't been prosecuted retrospectively for something that wasn't clearly illegal when they did them?

Or were these torture methods illegal already, and if so then what difference does the ban make?
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. Black Mambo

Black Mambo cuntybaws

The first one.

3. Ophiel

Ophiel stephen dorff is hot

Good. Considering most of these people will have had their orders from people who've probably never got their hands dirty, punishing the actual torturers would be letting people off.
  4. Rotten Berry

Rotten Berry Favorite Number: forklift

This entire torture thing has become so confusing.

I feel as though the people in charge, the ones who drafted all this stuff that they had to know was bullshit, should be punished in some manner or another.

And now it seems that they are not going to do that at all. I guess it's basically hard to fight against the fact that an actual legal body sat down and decided that these things were OKAY. Especially when it's a legal opinion connected with such a respected office. But I feel as though they all did it on purpose, which I reckon has to be a crime.

I'm tired of hearing about all of it, but I'm simultaneously terrified that people that gave these kind of programs the green light are serving on federal courts.