1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

MTV2 Goth Special

Discussion in 'music & books' started by emily34695, Sep 16, 2006.

1. emily34695

emily34695 Just watch me

This weekend at 1 AM Sunday MTV2's Subterranean will have a "goth special" featuring Peter Murphy and someone from MCR.

http://www.mtv2.com/#series/10897

I hope they have an EBM special next.
  2. owMyeyeball?

owMyeyeball? shes in parties

ahhh peter!!!!!!!!!!

i wish i got mtv2
    i wanna see peter
    1 person likes this.
  3. orchestral

orchestral blair waldorf

since when is MCR goth?
    they play that crap in Old Navy.. i dont know alot of Goths who shop there...

well, i don't know any goths infact. and i'm sortof proud of that. i do know 3 secret Dungeons and Dragons players, though.
    2 people like this.
  4. desdemona

desdemona in the end they all tried

Why, Peter, why?
  5. fancypants

fancypants midnightcheckoutqueen

well thats pretty cool
    i'm interested in what they'll play
    i wish i got mtv2
    if peter murphy's gonna be on there i can imagine they're going in a generally correct direction
    mcr isn't goth, but you can obviously see they're influenced by goth music and culture
  6. cautious lip

cautious lip God Damn The Sun

I'll have to check this out, just for Peter.
  7. Rantipole

Rantipole Also a registered user.

When is the :goff: smilie coming back? For that matter, when are the :stress: and :geek: smilies coming back???
  8. cautious lip

cautious lip God Damn The Sun

I missed the first ten minutes, but did anyone else get the feeling that Peter was not very impressed with Gerard or MCR? When Gerard mentioned being influenced by The Misfits, Peter said that he could see that since a lot of bands tend to go more for the "mock horror goth" imagery. I enjoyed seeing Sisters of Mercy, Nick Cave/Bad Seeds,and Bauhaus vids. I was not into any MCR or AFI, but did enjoy She Wants Revenge, but that's expected since I'm a fan.:)
    1 person likes this.
  9. emily34695

emily34695 Just watch me

Hahaha, true. I got those vibes as well from Peter.
  10. vegyrex

vegyrex New Member

Sing it sista!!
  11. vegyrex

vegyrex New Member

Yeah I miss those smilies.
  12. vaudevillain

vaudevillain so this is permanence..

I missed the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds vids?? :(
  13. candystripe

candystripe admire the distance

oooh! glad to see Peters on it
    but MCR wtf they aren't goth..
  14. *lovehearts*

*lovehearts* batwife

i only think gerard was on it so that he could sit next to peter, he's a huge fan and couldnt stop smiling.