1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Morrissey completes new album, announces European tour

Discussion in 'music & books' started by debaser, May 9, 2011.

1. debaser

debaser suicide pact - you first

Morrissey completes new album, announces European tour Consequence of Sound
    Morrissey completes new album, announces European tour

[​IMG]

In a newly penned letter, Morrissey revealed his latest hit list: the British media for their “blubbering praise” of Kate Middleton and their lack of coverage regarding the death of Poly Styrene, and EMI, whose new Morrissey compilation LP, The Best of Morrissey, “has yet to tunnel its way into what we older types refer to as Record Shops – six days after intended release.” When he was done with all that, the acclaimed singer-songwriter than dedicated the last few words to some info regarding his upcoming endeavor: “The follow-up to Years of Refusal is ready and fluttering wildly against the bars. There is still no record label and the years shuffle like cards. My talents do not lie in DIY.”

While details stop there, folks in the U.K. and Scanadevia will be able to catch Morrissey this summer. Find all confirmed tour dates below:
    Hat tip to Stereogum for the link…

Morrissey 2011 Tour Dates:
    06/15 – Perth, UK @ Perth Concert Hall
    06/17 – Inverness, UK @ Ironworks
    06/18 – Dunoon, UK @ Queens Hall
    06/20 – Dunfermline, UK @ Alhambra Theater
    06/21 – Hawick, UK @ Hawick Town Hall
    06/24 – Pilton, UK @ Glastonbury Music Festival
    06/25 – York, UK @ Barbican
    06/27 – Bradford, UK @ St. George’s Hall
    06/28 – Grimsby, UK @ Grimsby Auditorium
    06/30 – Plymouth, UK @ Pavilions
    07/02 – Kent, UK @ Hop Farm Fest
    07/05 – Stoke-on-Trent, UK @ Victoria Hall
    07/07 – Leeds, UK @ Academy
    07/08 – Middlesbrough, UK @ Town Hall
    07/11 – Copenhagen, DK @ Operaen
    07/13 – Aarhus, DK @ Voxhall
    07/14 – Helsingborg, SE @ Sundspärlan
    07/16 – Hultsfred, SE @ Hultsfredsfestivalen
  2. nogginthenog

nogginthenog Dog Rental House

Hawick ?! Holy shit.
  3. onewaynotgrrl

onewaynotgrrl Rhapsody

Maybe if he stopped releasing best of albums, people would care a bit more?

That said. Wish I lived in Europe.
  4. Mistress_F

Mistress_F sex hate and rock'n'roll

'EUROPEAN' tour might be an overstatement there. this bitch needs to come back here, i don't care if he's still butthurt about his local boyfriend dumping him.
  5. Amity

Amity forever delayed

Shit, he's doing Glasto? the ONE saving grace of the main lineup this year...
  6. bort

bort The brown word

Nice tour, cocksmasher. I've never quite forgiven him for not touring NZ about three years ago. "Dates have been booked". OR NOT. But still, I want his album.
  7. debaser

That was the record company. He wasn't too pleased about that recent best of...

Fucker needs to come back to Canada.
  8. onewaynotgrrl

onewaynotgrrl Rhapsody

He has like elebenty jillion best of's. I don't care who releases them but they need to stop.
  9. debaser

oh, i agree.
    the smiths have far too many best of collections too.