1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Marnie Stern

Discussion in 'music & books' started by bookstore, Jul 18, 2007.

1. bookstore

bookstore world in a jar.

check out songs!
    (especially every single line means something)

does anyone else here like her?

shes playing lots of dates in the USA soon, seriously people should go see her!
    i went to see her the other night and it "blew my mind" hahahh zach hill from hella plays drums in her band and it was one of the best gigs for a long time.

MARNIE FTW

Jul 18 2007 8:00P
    Star & Garter Manchester, London and South East

Jul 19 2007 8:00P
    Thekla Bristol, London and South East

Jul 22 2007 8:00P
    Johnny Brenda's Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Jul 23 2007 8:00P
    Ottobar Baltimore, Maryland

Jul 24 2007 8:00P
    Rock And Roll Hotel D.C., Washington DC

Jul 25 2007 8:00P
    Local 506 Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Jul 26 2007 8:00P
    Drunken Unicorn Atlanta, Georgia

Jul 27 2007 8:00P
    Spanish Moon Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Jul 28 2007 8:00P
    Emo's Austin, Texas

Jul 30 2007 8:00P
    Plush Tucson, Arizona

Jul 31 2007 8:00P
    Modified Phoenix, Arizona

Aug 1 2007 8:00P
    Casbah San Diego, California

Aug 2 2007 8:00P
    EchoPlex Los Angeles, California

Aug 3 2007 8:00P
    Bottom Of The Hill San Francisco, California

Aug 10 2007 8:00P
    Seaport Music Festival New York, New York

Sep 20 2007 8:00P
    ESTROJAM FESTIVAL Chicago, Illinois
  2. alpha zygote

alpha zygote --------------->

i've heard worse. got anything more to recommend?
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  3. rosieholic

rosieholic New Member

she's good :) i wish she'd tour here.

the only thing is though, sometimes her accent is a bit too strong for my liking.

reccomending-wise, i looked up her myspace a while back, and basically all the bands in her top friends were good. i didnt really jot down any of their names though.
  4. seethelight

seethelight Well-Known Member

sometimes i like her, sometimes it drives me insane. you gotta search hard for a shred of melody and her music is so freakin noisy.
  5. bookstore

yes! that style of finding out music is good hahah! if you dont like HELLA already, seriously check them out. get the album "hold your horse is" or "chirpin hard", both really good. marnie has hella's drummer, except hella are way better than marnie, and as you ssaid, hella dont have that accent hah
  6. alpha zygote

i never got into Hella. tho i haven't nearly heard all. they did a live split album with the band Dilute and i like Dilute.
  7. rosieholic

rosieholic New Member

i downloaded the album theres no 666 in outerspace. (hella)
    should i upload?
  8. alpha zygote

no, it's alright. i have Soulseek. it's all about initiative/wanting to care about music/etc. thanks tho
  9. rosieholic

rosieholic New Member

thats good! haha i hate uploading stuff. it always cuts out and gets very frustrating
  10. bookstore

ive never heard of dilute, i just checked on lastfm, there isnt too much about them and i have no idea who the similar artists are! what are they like? and whats your soulseek username alpha, can i add you ? :good:
  11. drivelBABY

drivelBABY saint or celebrity?

ooh thanks for posting, i like her :)
  12. alpha zygote

Dilute is tinkly, kind of shambling

i had a moment today in my car where that Marnie Stern song came on the radio and i was thinking how i liked it and wanted to get the name of it before i realized it was that Marnie Stern song and this whole thread came back dejavu.

i don't know if i should share my soulseek username. i feel embarrassed just thinking about it.