1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Kim Gordon & Thurston Moore split

Discussion in 'music & books' started by emily34695, Oct 14, 2011.

1. emily34695

emily34695 Just watch me

Indie rock's first couple is calling it quits.

Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon, married since 1984 and performers together in influential noise-rockers Sonic Youth since 1981, announced their separation via a Matador Records rep on Friday, according to Spin.

"Musicians Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore, married in 1984, are announcing they have separated. Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November. Plans beyond that tour are uncertain. The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment," the rep said.

Moore's Twitter account has not been updated since Sept. 27, when he announced new European tour dates in support of his latest solo album, "Demolished Thoughts."

The rock couple has one child, 17-year-old daughter Coco Hayley Gordon Moore. Sonic Youth released its most recent album, "The Eternal," in 2009, and released its score to the French film "Simon Werner a Disparu" as part of its SYR series earlier this year.

Billboard.com link
  2. clotty

clotty pussy panther :)

i had heard.

& i am pretty weirded out about this.

regardless of my apathy toward white people activities.
  3. Aaron

Aaron ominous

seriously?

you do this in every. fucking. thread.
    1 person likes this.
  4. clotty

it's how i feel every second of my goddamn life surrounded by crackers and their News. especially on the internets.

and you act like a pre-menstrual attention whore who doubles as a cow. in every. fucking. thread.

seriously, jean-paul? aaron? whoever the fuck you are?
  5. Aaron

Aaron ominous

NOT A THREAD UNLESS CLOTTY SHOWS UP TO LET US KNOW HOW SHE FEELS ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE.

not every thread is about you and how you feel.

jean-paul? clotty?
  6. calalove

calalove battle-scarred

damn. their marriage joined the 27 club.
    2 people like this.
  7. mannequin

mannequin blow yr mind

I am pretty shocked. And pretty bummed, which is weird because I don't know them obviously. But still. Weird.
  8. clotty

you're just mad bc on skid row you found out that black people are less bug-ridden than crackers? right?

how's that life where nobody on earth loves you going?

oh wait. sanjay the fuck buddy called you back that one time.
  9. Aaron

Aaron ominous

um, no.

i was the only cracker on skid row.

obviously i didn't bring all the fucking bugs there myself.
  10. clotty

i like that you took that to heart.

north dakota.
  11. clotty

BUT ANYWAYS.

this is a totally weird white people incidence that i was shocked that i gave one single fuck about.

but only half their music is godawful.

although i'll probably forget all about it by tmw.
  12. sallydearheart

sallydearheart sign yr reps

13. fuck me fred

fuck me fred cletus+inga friends 4evR

Surprised it didn't happen sooner, although he's probably been cheating on her for years.

Kind of rich and kind of famous homely guys like that are never content with their homely wives.

It was probably one of those things where he was fine with the companionship but wanted to fuck hot young 37 year old Sonic Youth fans. And she was the antisex even before menopause. Sorry, but life is too short to be fucking just one slot.

If they aren't mature enough for an open marriage, it's probably for the best they broke up.
    1 person likes this.
  14. clotty

x.
  15. debaser

debaser suicide pact - you first

Sad news
  16. wizard

wizard $

i think it's sad too.

the thought of them not being "together" is so weird.

i love sonic youth so much.

but seriously i bet she is the one fucking around with younger fans.

:clove:
  17. cheshirecat

cheshirecat cunt eyes

i am actually devastated by this. i know it's stupid of me. but i always thought they were perfect together.
    i just don't even know what's real anymore?
    if they can't last forever i guess nothing can.
  18. Violet Pixie

Violet Pixie *Tea stained*

For as long as I've been buying noisy records it's been Kim and Thurstan. This is strange.
  19. .parisian

.parisian .tess d'urberville

he had a thing with jemima pearl i think.
    also more power to thurston. kim looks like hell whereas thurston is quite fit still and could def do better.
  20. calalove

calalove battle-scarred

[​IMG]

she's got 5 years on him. i think they're on even ground...

anyway, shit happens people bleed. they've been together a lllllong time.

& i'm still a fan.