1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

James Return to North America with New LP, Tour

Discussion in 'music & books' started by debaser, Jul 15, 2010.

1. debaser

debaser suicide pact - you first

Exclaim News: James Return to North America with New LP, Tour

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    James Return to North America with New LP, Tour

Mancunian Britpopsters James formed almost 30 years ago, and the band are understandably looking for a change. Rather than releasing their new album in the usual manner, the group have opted to release it as two mini-albums: The Night Before and The Morning After. While the albums are being released separately in the UK, the North American release will be a two-disc set called The Morning After the Night Before, due out on September 14 via UMe.

Although they're intended as companion pieces, the two albums were made using very different methods. The band members recorded The Night Before individually, placing their tracks on an FTP and allowing producer Lee "Muddy" Baker to piece together the different parts. The Morning After, on the other hand, was recorded live-off-the-floor in a five-day session with no overdubs. Although The Morning After is the second of the band's separate UK releases, it will appear first on the CD set.

James will be celebrating the release with a 21-date North American tour, including shows in Vancouver and Toronto. See the full schedule at the bottom of the page, below the album tracklist.

The Morning After:

1. "Got the Shakes"
    2. "Dust Motes"
    3. "Tell Her I Said So"
    4. "Kaleidoscope "
    5. "Rabbit Hole"
    6. "Make for This City"
    7. "Lookaway"
    8. "Fear"

The Night Before:

1. "It’s Hot"
    2. "Crazy"
    3. "Ten Below"
    4. "Porcupine"
    5. "Shine"
    6. "Dr. Hellier"
    7. "Hero"

Tour dates:

9/20 Fort Lauderdale, FL - The Culture Room *
    9/21 Lake Buena Vista, FL - House Of Blues *
    9/22 Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse *
    9/24 Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero *
    9/25 Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club *
    9/27 Washington DC - 9:30 Club *
    9/28 New York, NY - Webster Hall *
    9/30 Toronto, CA - Queen Elizabeth Theater *
    10/1 Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Theater *
    10/2 Chicago, IL - Vic Theater *
    10/4 Denver, CO - Bluebird Theatre *
    10/5 Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex *
    10/7 Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom *
    10/8 Portland, OR - Wonder Room *
    10/9 Seattle, WA - Showbox at the Market *
    10/11 San Francisco, CA - The Regency *
    10/12 Anaheim, CA - House Of Blues *
    10/13 Los Angeles, CA - Music Box *
    10/16 Mexico City, Mexico - Corona Capital Music Festival

10/18 Guadalajara, Mexico -Teatro Diana

10/19 TBA, Mexico - TBA

* with Ed Harcourt

[​IMG]
  2. bort

bort The brown word

Really, James? Kind of awesome but.
  3. ltripley

ltripley Banned

The venues for this tour seem odd. The difference between a place like The Culture Room and House Of Blues is kinda staggering. Heck, even the difference between a HOB and the Queen Elizabeth Theatre is kind of shocking.
  4. ltripley

ltripley Banned

also, there is this adorable guy who sings their song Laid at karaoke at one of the gay bars here and I <3 it. It's the only song he sings though. :(
  5. chris1977

chris1977 I'm your worst nightmare.

I'm waiting for the Sponge reunion tour.....:stress:
  6. bort

bort The brown word

Well, everyone else has done it. I'm waiting on the Badfinger reunion...
  7. TimGuy

TimGuy professional waster

James largely passed me by the first time around (except for "She's A Star" which is great, and "Sit Down" which was unavoidable)... but I saw them at a festival a couple of months ago and they were AWESOME.

If you're even vaguely considering it, go see this tour. They were great showmen and really down to earth - the lead singer bent down in the crowd to let people stroke his bald head :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Evangeline

Evangeline Straight for Torres

Happy happy joy joy.
  9. debaser

debaser suicide pact - you first

james are great live. i am looking forward to seeing them again.
  10. BleedingHeart

BleedingHeart Handbags and Glad Wrap*

I'm already going to a gig that week AND already going to Atlanta the week before, between the two jobs, not sure if I can muster the sleep/rest for both and Atlanta's a bit of a drive. hmm. Tim Booth was one of my first celeb crushes at 13 years old. :stress: I remember seeing ads for them playing after the Millionares album at the time and stressig out, lol. 10+ years later will I finally go see em?!