1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Is there a way to cut an mp3 in half HELP!!!! PLEASE

Discussion in 'computers & technology' started by chris love, Jun 30, 2006.

1. chris love

chris love New Member

Theres this song I love, but its like a bonus track, and I wanna cut the first song off. Is there a way to do this? Cause I wanna make a cd with my favorite songs. Help! Please! Thank you. :)
  2. shivathedestroyer

shivathedestroyer New Member

yes. you need a program like acid or soundforge. there might be free demos or a free similar version at kvraudio.com
  3. ursulafudge

ursulafudge bland boring plain

You can do this with GoldWave (free for a while) and LAME (free).
  4. chris love

chris love New Member

Thanks you are all sweet.
  5. onewaynotgrrl

onewaynotgrrl Rhapsody

There's also Audacity (free for personal use) on the sourceforge website. Free versions of AcidXpress are on the acidplanet website.

There are others but these are the best.
  6. drunkenllama

drunkenllama llama the real?yes sir!

sure take a knife and start cutting you can even cut it in 3 pieces if you like...
  7. Deadsoul

Deadsoul Veni, vidi, vici

Usually I use Cool Edit Pro but I think it's discontinuated?
  8. Lion

Lion Active Member

You can even edit using Nero Express. Just import the track, right click and edit audio.
  9. jesterscourt

jesterscourt New Member

Audacity is legally free and open source. Assuming you have the lame encoder dll installed, audacity can even turn it right back into an mp3 afterwards. It's very straight forward. Just drop the song in there, highlight the section you don't want, and hit the delete key. Save the song as an mp3 and voila!
  10. dontwhisper

dontwhisper LeChuck

11. *lovehearts*

*lovehearts* batwife

i just use windows movie maker
  12. drunkenllama

drunkenllama llama the real?yes sir!

as i said; take a knife and start the cut...