1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

illness leads to good vhs

Discussion in 'music & books' started by sybsyb, May 17, 2011.

1. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

i'm fighting a cold. so i'm doing the healthy thing by drinking wine and watching the telly. i just pulled out an old vhs tape from 1992. it started off with mariah carey 'unplugged' which i taped for my sister but secretly loved i think. then there was a rockumentary (remember rockumentaries?) on the b52s. then it got to the good stuff..120 Minutes! Hosted by Dave Kendall. Oh the nostalgia. so i figured i'd report the videos and find links so you can watch with me if you want. first there was a little report on sonic youth's new album "dirty" and they were playing in the park with sun ra. after that the first video was the world premiere of 100%
  2. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

ew kittyradio be acting up and making me look like i type paragraphs. i must say some of the best stuff is the early 90s commercials! 90210 summer of 92..covergirl mascara featuring....a supermodel (so 90s). christie brinkley to be exact. oh the second video was peter murphy "you're so close"
  3. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

ok i guess i have to deal with the paragraphs. and not being able to quick reply. so 120 minutes would always show the top 10 albums on the alternative charts after the second video. after that was Morrissey "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" :drool:
  4. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

the fourth video was for The Cure "Caterpillar". the original video does not appear to be on you tube. soz. after the commercial there was a snippet of Mike Ness from Social D talking about how alternative music was making the charts. his pompadour is better than mine and i realize i need a haircut. so they played the video for Social Distortion "When She Begins"
  5. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

next is my man, evan dando! Lemonheads "It's A Shame About Ray" starring Johnny Depp
  6. Ronette

Ronette Well-Known Member

Nothing can explain how happy I was last time I was sick, when Mask came on the tv as the midday movie.
  7. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

of course they had to follow up evan with Juliana Hatfield "Everybody Loves Me But You"
  8. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

oh how i love rocky dennis and rusty and fucking GAR and everything else about that movie!
  9. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

commercials for u2 zoo tv tour, ministry's keiahh album or whatever it was called. levi's 501, payday candy bar, at&t long distance (lolz!), subway and miscubishi eclipse car
  10. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

an interview with James about their successful tshirt sales and then their video for "Seven"
  11. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

The Call "The Walls Came Down"
  12. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

lolz i remember HATING this next song. Material Issue "What Girls Want"
  13. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

an mtv psa in which pieces of paper are reenacting the rodney king and reginald denny beatings. the 90s were so psa. another at&t commercial. another levi's 501 commercial. cindy crawford pepsi commercial for the pepsi gotta have it card? secret deodorant commercial. simpsons butterfinger ice cream nuggets. which look fucking yum right now. mtv news special report clip about axl rose getting arrested in new york for the st. louis riot. oh kurt loder.
    1 person likes this.
  14. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

a live interview with very stoned members of The Charlatans! Tim Burgess had some fucking lips on him. I think this is the episode that made me go buy that somewhere between 10th and 11th record. now its the world premiere of The Charlatans "I Don't Want To See The Sights" remember Madchester, guys? le sigh.
  15. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

L7 "Pretend We're Dead". one of those flannel-laden butch vig produced albums that was a must-have for any of us longhaired sliver teeshirt wearing kids. i am noticing the trend of black and white videos here, yeah? or at least parts are always black and white.
  16. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

this one's forgettable. has that madchester flavour tho. like if i felt like making a baggy hits compilation part 2 i might include this. Wire Train "Stone Me"
  17. bort

bort The brown word

I find when I'm sick I finally get around to watching the DVDs I never quite feel in the mood to watch. And I get loads of reading done. If only I didn't have to set relief work, I'd be sick a lot more often. Also. Good musics!
  18. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

more interviewing with Charlatans. i forgot that Flood produced that record. anyway. Charlatans "Weirdo"
  19. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

hi bort its good have you borting in my thread. i've missed you!
    1 person likes this.
  20. sybsyb

sybsyb el rey

more baggy. Blur "There's No Other Way". I remember at the time preferring Bratmobile's version. But now I prefer the original.