1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

have you ever

Discussion in 'the void' started by DeadFag, Jun 14, 2010.

1. DeadFag

DeadFag Guest

tried to fit in with vanilla society?

and have it succeed?

I'm curious about your feedback, and the points which made you relate to them and have their acceptance.

It's something that has eluded me, and I wish to investigate it more.

Considering you are all teenage outcast whores who at one stage just wanted to be normal :love::evil:
  2. Amity

Amity forever delayed

I'm having horrendous flashbacks of middle school and trying to fit in now.
    Thanks Robbie.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Amity

Amity forever delayed

In the here-and-now I'd quite like to know how not to be mental.
    But sometimes it's best to stick with what you know.
    :love:
    1 person likes this.
  4. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

honestly, no.

i can do it for a while as long as i reveal nothing about my opinions, thoughts or life other than yes, i have a child, my husband is in pharmacy school (dumbasses love this one) and i am a nurse. anything other than that is unacceptable.

im not upset about it anymore, though. it used to bother me. i tried really hard. i cleaned up my act, i cut my hair normal, i went to college and got a respectable degree, im really good at my job, i got a house in a proper kid raising neighborhood, and i still didn't blend.

these days, i am trying hard to camouflage myself so that the mommies of seth's friends think it's ok to have their kids over and seth can have friends. i dont cover up my books, but i also don't put up some of the art that i love.

life sucks this way.
    1 person likes this.
  5. jstar

jstar around

i am vanilla society. i think.

i don't think i have any big "acceptance" points though. doesn't everyone feel like an outcast always?
  6. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

i want this to be true. i was sort of going on the hope that it was true and i fucked it all up by saying something too personal. you know how i am...

isnt your social anxiety a factor that separates you? or you feel separated? maybe its all social anxiety or not being well socialized for me, too, because ive certainly learned to not talk about stuff. do all people just not talk about stuff and pretend to be horrified by anything other than vanilla stuff?
  7. Abscess

Abscess sth witchy

i've never fitted in and i've never tried to. i wouldn't know how to even if i wanted to.

none of my tastes have ever been vanilla. it must be a dna thing or sth.

i think there are millions and millions of people out there who want to escape from their vanilla lives, but they haven't got the guts and that's why outcasts get stick from them.
  8. trace

trace Well-Known Member

oh golly arent we all so extroverted. one from a million little spermy jizzums. is that not special enough

whats so hard about it? people on the whole arent that bad. youre probably a lot more 'vanilla' than you think you are. people like talking about themselves. introverted or not. focus on that and you're opening doors.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Wildwoman

Wildwoman Woman Talking to Death

Don't you live in a place that you've described as extremely crunchy?

I feel much more like vanilla society than I used to. And I'm sure I am much more than I used to be, but also I feel like I've made a series of decisions that kind of reset normal. Even in some ways not going too far from where I'm from, because kids can often tend to be pretty conservative in a lot of ways, so some things just changed around me as all I did was get older. I've never lived in a place where you were expected to go to church regularly, although I know people who do that. I don't know anybody, really, who raises an eyebrow (at least to my face) about Chris & I not being married.
  10. RomanNoseJob

RomanNoseJob ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

I am not really sure who is vanilla. I dunno, I have friends who are into normal stuff, just chart music and whatever but they're really odd in other ways. they're all good.

Love the people, man. I actually say that in real life.

or maybe I'm vanilla and I'm the one fitting in with all you.
  11. Insomnia

Insomnia Part-time narcoleptic

I have never "tried" to fit in, but I've never tried to stand out either. I'm not at one with the majority of the Big Brother watching, football-loving, beer-drinking British people but I never find I can't get on with the people around me. I don't feel like an outcast, but I guess that is because I don't think that there is an accepted definition of "normal" or a place where all the "normal people" hang out leaving me a weird freak. Other people really aren't all that different. We are all sacks of meat, slowly digesting food into shit, whilst worrying about things.
  12. trace

trace Well-Known Member

hello im all three of these. call me mr 99 flake
  13. Insomnia

Insomnia Part-time narcoleptic

I like 99 flakes. SEE, you have common ground with everyone!
  14. Abscess

Abscess sth witchy

being not vanilla doesn't make you any more special than everyone else.

it's just a matter of taste isn't it? doing what you feel comfortable with?
    1 person likes this.
  15. rosaline

rosaline x_x

wtf is vanilla society. wtf. just cause you listen to hole doesnt mean youre crazy mental. i hate you. i bet you wear band t-shirts.
    4 people like this.
  16. jstar

jstar around

i think i know what you're talking about and i think you only managed to say something and weird out those particular people. who must be extra vanilla, kwim. i do think sexually though a LOT of people are more pent up than with other things and have extremely tight boundaries. so that's one area where you really have to know the people you're dealing with in terms of what facets of your sexuality you'd share.

i think my social anxiety IS always feeling like an outsider. but i don't get it as much from hanging out with friends as i do in work situations and a lot of it is performance pressure. i freak out going to meetings where i think i am going to get put on the spot about something and not know the answer. god forbid....it's totally irrational on my part.

so this is how vanilla i am:

no tattoos, no weird hair colors
    i'm an engineer
    i'm married, two kids
    i own a house and have a car payment.

as by the book as possible, kwim? but i have different groups of friends who all see different sides of me. like a chameleon :good: i have the 'good parent' friends who are as straight as they come. and then it ranges over to the friends i smoke and drink and go to strip clubs with. and everything in between. i mix with different types of people. yesterday we were out on our friends boat with 6 adults and 5 kids. and 4 of the adults smoked. i know lots of uptight parents who wouldn't dream of taking their kids on a boat with people smoking. so while i *appear* vanilla i have loose morals. and sexually - i am more guarded about things than i am with say, drinking.

and even the people who appear totally vanilla aren't usually. my best friend is married to a vice principal and they are very white picket fence. but we smoke pot in his shed while the kids play upstairs. and drink whiskey in our coffee when we go camping. people usually have to LOOK vanilla for their jobs. and aren't completely.

also - i do live in a crunchy area. but crunchy can be pretty vanilla too. they like to think they're all radical but they are mostly very uptight about everything.
  17. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

kansas vanilla is particularly brutal.

erie, pa vanilla isn't all that bad. they are all used to people being out of work, kind of dirty lookin', they all drink and most smoke, huge motorcycle driving population. so this vanilla at least i dont stand out too much just by looking at me.

but the kansas vanilla, man. it was really difficult. and im going back into the viper pit and am particularly sensitive baout this topic right now.

it wasnt just that group of people. it's very clean cut, go to church, kids dont play with guns, watch football, kind of county. johnson county, that is. :stress:

i wish i could move back to houston.
  18. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

im that vanilla! or i was until the house was sold. but i dont have tattoos or anything of the sort. no piercings nothing. im wiped clean and look very normal.

and im socially anxious almost all of the time. if i could just feel comfortable in my own skin, i think my life would be lots better.
  19. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

i could have written this word for word... except i do want to discuss post modernity. not existentialism though!
  20. kwhatever

kwhatever dead dot com.

i'm pretty vanilla. with tattoos even.