1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Don't miscarry in Utah.

Discussion in 'current events & politics' started by sokkar, Feb 25, 2010.

1. sokkar

sokkar Super Moderator

Utah Bill Criminalizes Miscarriage | RHRealityCheck.org

2. PussInBoots

PussInBoots release the bats

I don't even know what to say to this. I can't believe it's 2010.
  3. kesh

kesh P.M.L.D.

it shouldn't really take until the third paragraph to realise that they are talking about deliberately induced miscarriage
    2 people like this.
  4. Sipping Whiskey

Sipping Whiskey sloe eyed

this terrifies and upsets me. as if i'm not scared enough of miscarriage! and i'm not even an advocate of abortion unless for medical/special circumstances... but this is just terrible :(
  5. Sipping Whiskey

that's what i was thinking.

and how on earth are they going to judge whether something was deliberate or not?

i mean... falling down the stairs and losing your child must be harrowing enough. and then being charged w/murder?! :stress:
  6. kesh

kesh P.M.L.D.

that's easy, they just ask if you are a mormon or not
  7. y2j_fan16

y2j_fan16 Smokeing Pot somewere

wow this is a retarded bill . I mean how will they prove if it was a accident miscarriage ? I mean I feel bad for women who will have real accidents and have to pay for it . I mean it gonna make women not call 911 when it happens and suffer heath issues because of it . God retarted Mormons in Utah
  8. PussInBoots

Exactly, I think that's one of the biggest problems with it too. It really endangers women, who will probably now be terrified they're going to end up in jail when they miscarry. So I wonder how many of them now, WON'T seek proper medical care?
  9. aura

aura lucky like luciano.

~candle in the wind~
    1 person likes this.
  10. Sipping Whiskey

i agree completely apart from the last comment.

i dont think this bill was directly transcribed from the book of mormon.
  11. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

i will never visit utah while pregnant.

i hope that someone takes care of this bill. and by take care of, i mean kill. induce a miscarriage. abort. etc.
    1 person likes this.
  12. kesh

kesh P.M.L.D.

80% of utah's legislature are mormons, so they are kind of responsible
  13. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

kind of?
  14. kesh

kesh P.M.L.D.

sarcasm
  15. y2j_fan16

y2j_fan16 Smokeing Pot somewere

What can I say the book of Mormon might be full of surprises , I saw a thing on America Most Wanted about this Mormon man that used a paddle to beat people . He was like some kind of minster who thought it was okie to marry 13 year olds because quot on quot "The Bible says its okie were married now thats what matters" . And Might I add he had like 14 brides who were all before the age 14 .

He also was trying to bring his 1st wife back from the dead claiming he dose everything he dose's for her , an like held on to the dead body for like 20 years then he burned it an made one of his young brides eat the ashes .

There was some horrible funny AMW things of like this old guy beating people with a paddle .
  16. PussInBoots

[​IMG]

South Park did a pretty good episode, where they sum up how idiotic Mormonism is.
  17. SmittenKitten

SmittenKitten ***PURR***

who decides if you miscarry and it is preventable?
    scary snake handling multi child bride law makers and ministers?
  18. Amity

Amity forever delayed

They do realise that 1 in 3 pregnancies miscarry anyway? Like, mostly before the woman even knows she's pregnant?
  19. BleedingHeart

BleedingHeart Handbags and Glad Wrap*

2010 means nothing in utah. a place that is basically half mormon and believes the garden of eden was in missouri.

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  20. Violet Pixie

Violet Pixie *Tea stained*

This is scary. Most women don't intentionally miscarriage so I wonder what will happen to an average woman who just loses her baby.