1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Can Strong Antibiotics Make You SICKER??

Discussion in 'bath & beauty' started by tracyr, Jan 19, 2008.

1. tracyr

tracyr racist people pleaser

Here's the thing:

I've been sick for about a month. I just thought it was that flu/cold thing that everybody got around the holidays. The problem was, it wasn't really going away and I was having these bad headaches and I just have no energy whatsoever. Like everything is a big deal to do.

So I finally went to the doctor's office on Thursday. Turns out I have Bronchitis and a bad Sinus Infection. He gave me Zithromax and told me that if I wasn't well by the end of that cycle, (5 days), to come back in ASAP and get on something stronger. (never heard THAT one before..but whatever)

So I started with the Zithro right away, taking two pills as directed. I woke up feeling so SHITTY. WORSE than ever! I could barely get up, and it got worse. I had to take day two and I didn't get any better! I'm feeling so awful now.

Is this normal??
    2 people like this.
  2. emily34695

emily34695 Just watch me

YES. I was on antibiotics over the Christmas break, they absolutely made me feel exhausted and run down as hell. The first day was the absolute worst, I couldn't get out of bed (I had a sinus infection).
  3. tracyr

Well good. I thought I was nuts or something! I couldn't eat or anything...just sleep. OK then, just ride it out then? School starts weds., and I wanna be ready, not Sick!:sick:
  4. emily34695

emily34695 Just watch me

You should gradually feel better over the next few days, if you don't start feeling better by Monday I would see the doc again. It took me a few days to start feeling human again after the sinus siege last month...just yuck. Can you blow your nose yet? I remember the snot was so thick when I had it, it wouldn't move. Sorry to gross you out with that...:stress:
  5. tracyr

It doesn't gross me out at all. Nope...nothin'. No blowing. Just coughing for about two hours straight and bad headaches all day. And being zombie-tired. This is my best hour right now. I'm hoping by tomorrow or Monday to be up and about. Were you on the Zithro??
  6. emily34695

emily34695 Just watch me

I forgot what the were called, like the Flo-pak or something like that? They made me super tired the first few days. Within a couple of days you will be blowing your nose a lot, it is a good thing and hopefully the headache will lessen, because all of the snot is coming out. I felt that I was stuffed with snot up to my ears, it was painful!
  7. Meg Dirty

Meg Dirty was walking with a ghost

Anti-biotics are SO SO bad for you.
  8. kesh

kesh P.M.L.D.

you may be experiencing a herxheimer reaction. the bacteria release toxins as they die, and as they're dying in great numbers because of the antibiotics you are suffering a lot of toxins
    1 person likes this.
  9. _xray

_xray whip it

Yeah i had a similar thing for a kidney infection over the weekend, i took 2 tablets and a hour later i felt like i'd been poisoned, just sick and bloody awful. I changed the anti biotics to a different type and didn't get many side effects.
  10. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

lollerskates!
    1 person likes this.
  11. tracyr

dammit geek! I was expecting more of an expert opinion out of you than LOLLERSKATES!:mad:
  12. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

its just so damned funny. antibiotics are SO SO BAD FOR YOU

ok thing is, some people react to some antibiotics and others they do fine with. some antibiotics are hard on everyone, but ALL antibiotics are good for someone somewhere. its the ABUSE of antibx thats bad.

zpac is perfectly reasonable. i assume he will give you augmentin if this round of zpac doesnt work.
  13. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

btw augmentin isnt stronger, it just works differently. one of the meds in augmentin works on the enzyme of the bacteria stopping it from developing a resistence, so its a neat drug. its also cheaper.

youll go to quinolones if that doesnt work. which is intense stuff. and if that doesnt work, ever heard of scraping the sinuses? EWWW!
  14. Meg Dirty

Meg Dirty was walking with a ghost

sometimes strong anti-biotics can kill good bacteria which gives you a whole other set of problems.

dont lollerskates me!

I once took antibiotics and had the shits for a month!

@#$%^%$#!@!
  15. tracyr

No, I get what you guys mean. About resistance and all that. That's why I forgot whether they were supposed to make a person so sick, and if Zithromax could cause this. I REMEMBER good old Augmentin though!:sick:

I'm gettin worried because on Wednesday I have class from 10:30 am to 10:00 pm and I'm not doing so hot yet. I have no spleen and some missing lymph nodes in that area as well (from the cancer days), so I'm kinda fucked if this turns into anything worse. I guess I'll wait it out...no docs until tomorrow because MLK had a dream.
  16. Raven99

Raven99 New Member

i was sick for a month & a half so i went on antibiotics for a week, a few days later i got shingles.
  17. petals

petals BEST POTENTIAL SLUT.

i would way rather have shingles or the shits than die of a now easily treatable infection. some ppl are morons.
    1 person likes this.
  18. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

you said antibiotics are SO SO BAD FOR YOU

well... lemme tell ya. getting the shits is better than dying.
  19. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

oh hello. i shyoyuld have known you would think exactly what i was thinking.
  20. petals

petals BEST POTENTIAL SLUT.

hello! <333

to the not so smart among us: novel concept - take some probiotics if antibiotics give you the shits. TA DA.