1. Welcome to Kittyradio!

Whether this is your first visit to Kittyradio or you're back after a long absence, I hope that these recent updates will encourage you to stick around and help us breathe some life back into this special place. As the site was recently offline for a month, we could really use everyones help to pick up the momentum again. Please take a minute to register, post a new thread, or reply to some of your favorite topics.

With your help, I know we can make Kittyradio better than ever. I have started a thread in the Member Support & Feedback forum with more details and I would love to hear from you.

xx
    Brooke

Black people you didn't know died, or just didn't know

Discussion in 'current events & politics' started by BlackMilk, Apr 8, 2011.

1. BlackMilk

BlackMilk Honky tonk professor

2. discolexy

discolexy pull me out of the lake

i never heard of any of them?
  3. BlackMilk

For real? There must be at least one on there who you remember?

Not even the soul 2 soul singer?
  4. BlackMilk

There are two there that you must have heard of.

Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes. Actually, I do remember the news stories of them dying.
  5. neale

neale Rogistered Member

Yeah, great thread Blackmilk. Again.

And fuck me that's a terrible website. Fucking terrible. Minor celebs die in anonymity every second of the fucking day but now it's a shame if the black ones get ignored. Fuck me.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  6. clotty

clotty pussy panther :)

i like how the blurbs under the photos are just copy/pasted from somewhere else.

it's been a far-cry longer than 12 years since h-town was around.

and i am pretty sure it was a pretty big deal when rerun, and bernie mac, and shaft died.

and kanye's mom was all over the goddamn news.

they should've put michael jackson on there too.
  7. dirtyplotte

dirtyplotte sassamafras

the shirley hemphill blurb made me sad. i knew she was dead, duh, but i had no idea that it was two weeks before her body was discovered/
  8. clotty

clotty pussy panther :)

i think i read about it a long time ago on findadeath.com.

also they left out the mum from that show. who died of diabeetos stuff.

which i think shirley had too.

but i guess she's not famous enough to be little known.
  9. discolexy

i have heard of them and i remember it being a thing.
  10. calalove

calalove battle-scarred

i think it's whether you're paying attention or not.
    (when i see a review of deaths within the year, i don't know about them all. nothing color about it.)
  11. discolexy

also i live in africa, we have our own dead black people to worry about thanks.
    1 person likes this.
  12. BlackMilk

I remember Robert DoQui from Robocop. His powering performace in this triology has often been parodied as the atypical shouty cop captain (see Last Action Hero for a prime example).

I think.
  13. Turning

Turning Might Be A ****

Who said anything about it being a shame? Someone just wanted to gather together a number of black celebrity deaths because they wanted to draw attention to them. Why does that make you feel so threatened? :(
  14. neale

neale Rogistered Member

First off numpty, I'm not threatened I'm annoyed, annoyed at the implication that somehow the death of minor non white (whatever the fuck that means) celebs is not as newsworthy as the death of eerrrr....non black? celebs. Always with the black white thing always racism, I'm fed up to the back teeth with it. Black history month, black awareness week, on and on highlighting the racial differences. And then there was that shit with the poor daughter of Helle Berry with her parents arguing over her racial identity. I mean come on it's enough to make someone who doesn't give a fuck suddenly give a fuck.
  15. Turning

Turning Might Be A ****

Ah yes, the clarion call of the whining white man. "Why can't everyone just forget about race and act normal! And by normal, I mean in accordance to the white culture that I can't even see because I'm so steeped in privilege that I just consider it 'culture!'"

You poor thing, having to be informed that there's a list of black celebrity deaths on the Internet with absolutely no commentary regarding race. That's absolutely tragic.
    1 person likes this.
  16. neale

neale Rogistered Member

It happens to be the opinion of many black people too Tunrig and what the fuck is white culture?> I mean, c'umon white culture? Living by lakes and canoeing? What the fuck?
  17. Turning

Turning Might Be A ****

I am tempted to go tell you to register for some classes if you'd like to know more, but yes, white culture. The dominant culture that puts on a sheen of multiculturalism and which is run almost unilaterally by white men. The culture that marginalizes minorities and condones rape while chiding rape survivors and which produces shit like Idol. :(
  18. neale

neale Rogistered Member

You've lost me, again. Congrats.
  19. Turning

Turning Might Be A ****

Utterly shocking that I can talk about white culture and you'll completely fail to understand a word that I've said. The strength of the imperialistic privileged worldview that you've wrapped around your skull remains, as usual, nigh impenetrable.
  20. GlamPetals

GlamPetals twin peaks experience

i bet you j/o to spike lee joints with your african american studies degree on the wall.

also, you really need to shut up about rape now. you've put your foot so far into your mouth, it should be down your throat at this point.